Sunday, October 27, 2013

Texturing Characters

I'm pretty much done texturing this character. About half of the geometry has custom textures while the rest is tiled (running out of time!). I'm pretty happy with the final result. Everything was made basically from scratch in Mudbox. I was originally trying to use stock images of metal but I ended up having more control to just paint it all by hand. I'm using metal ray materials with color, spec, and normals. 

I'm going to make a post specifically going into making the eyes later, but it took quite some time to figure out how to make something readable yet realistic. I want every part of them to have a purpose and a story instead of having parts of their body be there just for readability reasons.

Hope you like it! Ideally I will be done building assets in 2 weeks so that I can have a ton of time for animation. 




No comments:

Post a Comment